Eker Design with the new CTS EX90 Honors Award for Design
Jul 19, 2011
The CTS EX90 is a result of a successful project between Eker Design and the Tandberg development team.
Eker Design had the complete responsibility of the mechanical design – from the first sketch design models to the engineering – including the following disciplines;
– Mechanical engineering project leadership
– 3D construction on all parts and the complete assemblies
– Tool and part – management
– Thermal development, including physical testing and CFD simulations
– Supplier search and supplier handling
– Mechanical prototype production and assemling
Eker Design also provided documentation and preproduction which included:
– 2D documentation for all technical parts
– Work instructions and exploded part overview assemblies
– Assembly line jigs and fixtures
– On site personnel assembly training
– Logistics and packaging
Eker Design using the right tools
During the whole product development process we used Cisco TelePresence system in the project meetings with the Cisco team at Lysaker. Due to the fact that the TelePresence systems worked as a perfect communications and collaboration tool, we had less frequent in-person meetings than usual during the 1,5 years development time. The TelePresence systems were a great tool during this process and made us save both time and cost.
At Eker Design we now even manage to utilize the TelePresence system so that our in-house engineers share content during the periods of detailed 3D modeling.